PRINCETON FUTSAL LEAGUE
Princeton Soccer Association is excited to announce the start of registration for the Princeton Futsal League 2012-2013 season.
Princeton Futsal League is fully sanctioned by the United States Futsal Federation.
**Due to numerous requests from teams that still have to play outdoor games that were canceled and rescheduled to December 2nd - 3rd due to hurricane Sandy and the snow storm, the PSA Futsal League has moved the kick off date of the 2012-13 season to a new date: December 9, and added a second date on December 16. The remaining schedule of the league dates will remain as originally scheduled. **
December: 9th, 16th,
January: 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th
February: 3rd, 10th, 24th
March: 3rd, 10th
January: 5th, 12th, 19th, 26th
February: 2nd, 9th, 23rd
March: 2nd, 9th
- 14 games over the course of 7 weekends (2 per day)
- 30-minute games, divided into two 15-minute halves;
- 2-minute period between halves for bench switching and hydration
- Princeton High School
- The Hun School of Princeton
- Stuart Country Day School
- Princeton Academy of the Sacred Heart
We anticipate forming boys and girls teams from U8 – U18. In addition to their own age group, teams may be scheduled to play games within younger and/or older age groups. Based upon registration, some age groups may not form or may become a combination of age groups, especially in the older age brackets. The League Director will use his discretion to create the most competitive matches. Princeton Futsal League will do its best to accommodate team requests.
League fee: $650 for clubs with 10+ teams
$675 for returning teams
$725 for new entries
Please note that all league fees are to be paid upon registration.
Referee fee: $140 paid separately by check made out to “cash”
United States Futsal Federation fee: $9 carding fee per player & $12 per coach
The US Futsal carding fee must be paid online with a credit card through the US Futsal website.
Official roster and cards can be printed from the US Futsal website once registration & payment are complete.
For insurance and liability purposes, the Princeton Futsal League has adopted and will adhere to a strict No Card-No Play policy.
To register your team with US Futsal, please click on the link below:
U8 - U14 Boys & Girls - NOVEMBER 30TH
U15 - U18 Boys & Girls DECEMBER 20TH
Mandatory Team Check-In
The Princeton Futsal League will hold a session to check in all teams participating in the League. At this time, a representative from each team will collect all player and coach cards, as well as the completed roster from USFF, and pay the referee fees.
Teams cannot play in the League without attending this session.
Date: November 30th
Times: 6.30pm - 9.30pm
Location: Princeton Academy of the Sacred Heart
After a detailed review of last season’s survey results, the Princeton Futsal League has modified several aspects of the league’s operation in hopes of enhancing the quality of the games and the overall experience for both players and coaches.
• First and foremost is our new affiliation with US Futsal, the governing body of Futsal in the United States, which will provide every participant in the League with year-round guaranteed secondary liability insurance. In addition, it ensures the employment of US Futsal-certified referees and an opportunity to participate in events such as the Northeast Regional Tournament and the US Futsal National Championship. Coaches will also have the opportunity to deepen their knowledge of the game through the newly-established US Futsal Coaching Education Program.
• The Princeton Futsal League is replacing each of its goals with state-of-the-art FIFA- approved Futsal goals.
• Every court used by the Princeton Futsal League will be marked appropriately according to the specifications suggested by the FIFA Futsal Book of Rules.
• To help ensure a high standard of League officiating, every referee officiating at the Princeton Futsal League will participate in a certification course taught by a US Futsal Referee Instructor.
• Prior to the start of the 2012-2013 season, the Princeton Futsal League will partner with US Futsal to provide each participating coach with the opportunity to attend a free introductory coaching clinic. The clinic will highlight the most important aspects of training and coaching Futsal at the youth level and will provide coaches with useful “hands-on” information about running basic Futsal training sessions. The clinic will be taught by a certified US Futsal National Coaching Instructor.
• Games will remain 30 minutes long, but each will be divided in two 15-minute halves. There will be a 2-minute period in between halves for bench switching and players’ hydration. There will also be a 3-minute period in between games to allow for the transition of teams leaving and arriving at the gym. Referees will keep the clocks running so each game will start and stop on time.
• US Futsal will provide phone and email support to help team managers and/or coaches through the US Futsal registration process. Please scroll down to find valuable links, email addresses and phone numbers that will help you get started with the registration and carding process of your team.
The registration will close once the spots available for all age groups are full. Applications for the Season 2012-13 will be processed on “first come, first served” basis.
For further information or to ask any questions regarding the League, please contact the Princeton Futsal League Director at:
For any questions about the USFF registration and playing cards, please email the New Jersey Futsal Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 609-468-0827.